Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message for ACD using interalia using 81C

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiospazz

Technical User
Aug 19, 2008
CA
I'm trying to set-up a message for my ACD before the agents pick-up:

ld 23

FRRT 15
FRT 2
FROA Yes

As far as I understand these are the only parameters I should have to change in order for my message to come up. When I dial 7715 from any phone my message appears(77 being the switch "access code" 15 being the trunk), but when I call the ACD local it just rings through to the agent without going to my message. I have tried it with FROA as "NO" changing the FRT time to 0 and 30, still no joy, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure why you don't post in forum798 , but here's your answer:

FROA, or First RAN on Arrival will only play "if there are agents but all are on calls". If an agent is available, the RAN assumes it does not need to play.

The poor mans way to play a message before hitting the queue is to point the caller to a Mail/CP announcement or menu, then have them time out to the queue with the agents in it.

~~~
GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies

You posted to the wrong forum. You need the Meridian forum. And you might want to post a print of the ACD route. I haven't done one of those in a few years, but you may be missing the RAN route in the ACD data block.

FROA will hit any caller before the are routed to the ACD whether the agents are busy or not; this is why this is so confusing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back