Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Error: Authtype nsrexec

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackupsNetWorker1

Technical User
Jul 18, 2007
ES

When I initiate a backup from NetWorker Server this error appear for a Client:

"Authtype nsrexec"

- DNS resolution is correct.
- rpcinfo from NetWorker Server and Client is correct.
- Client initiated Backup is correct.

Do you have some suggestion?

Is the server that is trying to initiate the backup in the allowed servers file on the client?

My guess is that the client daemon is not running.

In previous versions (NW 6, for example), manual backups were possible but of course the automatic ones failed.

My guess is that the client daemon is not running.

In previous versions (NW 6, for example), manual backups were possible but of course the automatic ones failed.

Hi Chapter11,

In reference to your question:

Is the server that is trying to initiate the backup in the allowed servers file on the client?

The server is included in servers file on the client and the error appear again.

nsrexec: authtype nsrexec

The /nsr/res/servers file does exist on all NW hosts. It lists the NW servers that are allowed to backup this client.

But if the servers file does not contain the correct entry, the client will reject the automatic backup and you will get a clear error message on the server. Of course nsrexecd must run on the client to be able to answer.

BTW - which NW version do you use.

Hi 605,

I use the NetWorker 7.1.3 version y all systems. And the Servers file exist on the Client with this error (Authtype nsrexec.

Sorry, but you did not get the point.

Did you ever check whether nsrexecd runs on the client as i propsed?

Just for you i installed a small NW 7.1.2 system. And guess what the result was: With a stopped nsrexecd process on the client
- i in fact could run a successful backup from the client
- but of course the server-initiated backup failed as there was no listener running at the client.
Guess which error appeared:
nsrexec: authtype rsh
Access is denied

Yes. nsrexecd process runs correctly in the client.

But the error continues appearing.

Sounds weird.
What about reinstalling the client software?

I installed NetWorker Client 7.1.3 software in the client.
It is the same software that exists in the NetWorker Server

Sure. But as we are just guessing right now, re-installation might solve the problem.

From the server, try "telnet clientname 7937"

If that fails, then the server is not connecting to the client. That means either nsrexecd is not running on the client, or that there is a network block somewhere.

My experience with that particular problem is that it's usually a misconfigured network-related setting on either the server or the client, not necessarily an actual network fault.

Hi Chapter 11,

I tried "telnet clientname 7937" and I could enter a session telnet but it does not let to me leave. It seems that “telnet clientname 7937” works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back