Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MEssage Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammybee77

Technical User
Jun 18, 2001
GB
Does anyone know if it is possible to have a pop up message box in Crystal if certain fields have null results?

You can certainly make a message appear as part of the report but not as a "Popup" as such

Just create a text field (bordered and with a suitable message) place it in a separate section or wherever.

In the conditional suppress for that field place the formula

not isnull({table.field_of_Interest})

this will suppress the field if the field_of_interest is not null Jim

JimBroadbent@Hotmail.com

Try creating an alert. Under the reports menu there is a choice to Create Alerts. You can set a condition for an alert. I have looked into this in the past and have not gotten it to do what I want, but it may work for your situation.

As an experiment on a developer course I developed a UFL that paused the processing of a Crystal Report, displayed a message box and then continued. I had to add a "Cancel" function after I accidently invoked it 200 times in a test report.

I can send you a copy if you email me at bruce@chelseatech.co.nz

It is not a supported product for sale or anything like that. I tried it on my CR8.0 web server and it hung it totally. So it won't work in a sevice based environment like Crystal Enterpise or Seagate Info. Services don't like message boxes popping up. Editor and Publisher of Crystal Clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back