Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Message Blast question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanZenden

MIS
Sep 1, 2003
SI
Hi all,

Our customer has requested for some type of "blast message" to mostly to external users with mobile phone (emergency scenario). When user enters some predefined short code a call would be sent to predefined users ( from 5 to 20) and when somebody from that list answers, he/she would hear pre-recorded message.

I've done some testing in my lab with Post Dial action (in VM PRO) directed to Hunt Group with two users (and twinned to mobile phone, ring mode set to Collective).
When first user picks up a call message is played, but second call is then droped. Does anyone have some experience with that scenario that I'd like to achive ... or maybe some other solution.

If there is no solution on IP Office, is there any other solution on a market that you would know? Maybe like 3rd party integration with IP Office or stand-alone?

I've searched on google but found nothing yet...

System: IP500v2 (R9.1 SP4) with SIP trunk & VM PRO (R9.0 SP7).

Thanks in advance,

ACIS-SME

Relying on any automated calling service that plays recorded messages to mobiles for an "Emergency scennario" sounds like a bad idea, what if it goes to VM, they're out of signal/turned off or the signals so poor they didn't hear it clearly :)

why not just have a hunt group having voicemail to email activated and going to a group dist list

@amirddle01
I agree, it's not such a good idea, but customer heard that from somebody and they were fascinated. Well most of users would get a call, but some not, customers is aware of that.
@joe2938
Had same idea, but customer doesn't like that idea.

Maybe Voicemail Outcalling feature would do the trick, but it didn't work at my lab. I'll have to try once again :)

ACIS-SME

VM Pro can have escalation mailbox alerts that will keep ringing a liest of extns in turn untill the message is acknowledged by a key press.

This may be tweakable to provide something usable although it is not idealy for the scenario described.
(good for OOH help desks where the cust can leave a message that is sent to OOH staff)

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I've done some testing with VM Outcalling feature and it works - voicemail message is distributed to users (tried with 2) in huntgroups and calls them on mobile phone. If users doesn't answer a call, VM PRO retries after a while. So far it looks good.
Main drawback is that that I can't use pre-recorded messages. Fine with me, but customer might complain :)

Is there any limit to simultaneous calls for outcalling?

ACIS-SME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back