Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MerMail to Call Pilot User Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickasita1

Technical User
Apr 28, 2004
US
We will be replacing Meridian Mail with CallPilot in a few weeks. Would anyone who has been through this process share how they communicated this change to their users? I want to be sure I don't miss anything. Although most MerMail commands remain the same, there are a few diffences. You know how users are about change. : )

Thanks!

If you implement desktop (via email) messaging when you go to Call Pilot no one will care if they have to learn new commands.

I know this isn't an answer to your question, but people really-really love to get their messages in their email..

Thanks for the reply - we are not deploying desktop messaging at this time, unfortunately. I think that is a long way down the road. So, I have to customize what I send so the users only get what applies to them. Wish it was easier! : )

The only thing they will notice is that is says Nortel CallPilot instead of Meridian Mail. As far as the users are concerned the mailbox commands remained the same. Voice menu's and such have changed in how they are recorded.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back