Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MerMail Overflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MMTdoN

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
I have a Meridian Mail system on an Opt 11c and the problem is not enough mail ports. Is there any way to send calls to a DN when all ports are busy or NA?
If someone calls in currently they just ring na.

Any sugestions?

Thanks,
dOn

look at the ovdn prompt in the acd que, i've never tried to overflow from a mcdn but it's worth a try

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

you could set up a RAN for your meridian mail acd queue. We have NRRT defined for our meridian mail queue so that when we need to take it down for maintenance, it plays, "the meridian mail system is not available at this time, try your call again later". But you could use FRRT instead which will play a meesage when all mail agents are busy.

I'll assume you mean mean "REALLY not enough ports" like you have 2 or 4 and the wait time could be minutes. If that is the case, I'll assume you have no RAN equipment installed and ready to solve your problem.

In that situation, I would start to police the way mail was working. Things such as the message length a person can record, the number (if any) of menus deployed and duraation of announcement services you have.

Also, consider that "read message retention" time leads to people listening to old messages over and over, using up the ports you need. Lower that retention period and watch use drop

If you need to build a case fo an upgrade, just divulge the size and age of the SCSI hard drives you have.

~

John.. Thanks I will give it a try, although I think I may have already, But try again I will.

Kprintz, Thank you for the sugestion. The main goal is to get them to a person or directly into a VM box (Medical Office). They do not like the ran idea but it may be the least expensive.

GHTrout, Really not enough ports (4) and they use it as distribution for outside medical personell so multiple people are calling at the same time. I know they need to upgrade the powers that be do not want to spend the $40+ grand to upgrade.
Anybody know of a good inexpensive VM system that will integrate with the Opt 11c?

Open to any other sugestions.

Thanks,
Don

Oh heck, all of them are going to be cheaper. And they will do most things just as well, from a user perspective.

I have "threatened" (rather I have said I will "be forced") to select another mail system unless CallPilup pricing was competitive rather than the only game in town. I have never stopped loving my Octel system, which lives on in some Avaya box, somewhere.

How about if you meet in the middle - find a competitve system - PC based but a proven name, get about $1000 work of voice boards in it and eliminate those calss from MerMail.

You might be able to add some neat stuff for chaep. You can Ghost the drive every so often and claim to have a hot standby.

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back