Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MerMail Broadcast Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoneyguy1

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
Does anyone remember MerMail? For the first time in 30 years someone asked me to show them how to broadcast. The issue is that I recorded a test message to 5555 and now we can't remove/delete the message. We tried 76 but that will not work. Is there a procedure or a different code for broadcast/distribution list messages.

If I remember right, broadcasts must be listened to in full before the mailbox can delete them.

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Thanks Gene,
I'll try that. 76 will not work during message. I get "Delete feature is not available at time". Once the broadcast message plays it goes directly to the mailbox message options. Is that how it is supposed to work.

Gene is correct. And yes, you should then go to mailbox message options.

Here's the thing. it no longer plays the broadcast message internally but does play when you call from outside to a DID. 76 will not delete from there and I can't figure out why or how it plays on incoming calls.

You have the "System Greeting" recorded. That is not a broadcast you are hearing when you call in DID.

You need to be at a Mailbox that has "Admin" rights.

8-2 for Greetings; then 9 for System Greeting- then 7-6 it

~~
Gene at GHTROUT.com

Thanks guy's for the help. Nothing worked so I had to re-load the backup to clear the broadcast message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back