Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mermail Access (backdoor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkelly1676

Technical User
Feb 24, 2006
US
Have a Opt 61 with mermail. Modem connection is not connected up correctly. Modem to an A/B switch A to a modem cable,
B to a cable not labled. My hands are tied since I am not on site to troubleshoot. Is there a way you can gain access to Mermail from the pbx terminal thru dial up modem connected to it?

No, Meridian Mail on a 61 is going to have its own access, unlike an Opt 11

i never understood why nortel didn't provide a second tty for mail.. i can't count the number of times i needed remote access and the a/b box was set for local

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thats not Nortels fault, I had separate modems for MM on my system. You can put a modem on each core with a different number and one on MM.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

It's also possible to order a second UTIL card for Mmail for more terminal connections.

An old alternative is using S(ingle)T(erminal)A(ccess).
The modem will dial to the STA and in the STA-menu you can choose to connect to the PABX or MAIL.
This was also the way to connect remotely to CCR and MAX in the old days.

STA's were always a pain though! I'm glad I didn't run into many of them lol

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back