Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Plus Questions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mgoddard

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
US
Hi i have a Merlin plus. What i am wanting to know is. We have several different adapters. Like the BTMI2 and the GPA. Now where i run into problems is before i had a Cordless Phone plugged into one of these BTMI2 adapters and it worked fine for awhile then all of a sudden when i go to use the phone the intercom is all garbled up and the minute i try to call another EXT it makes a error/busy tone. So since it does that i started using a GPA and plugged into one of the VT and now it works fine again. Can you help me figure out why it does this and what is possibly causing it. I have 4-5 of those btmi and it does the same on all of them. Thanks

Look at the settings on the BTMI (switches). As I vaguely remember there are several settings. Try changing them - one of the settings should work - or download the manual for the BTMI from Avaya.com - and it should explain better how to use it for different purposes.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Yeah i have tried the 3 diff switch positions and still acts funny. But now after about 20 mins the phone stops working even on the General Purpose Adapter. It will only start working again after i restart the phone system.

Have you tried plugging in the BTMI to different ports on the Merlin Plus - maybe you have a "bad" port?

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Yeah i have tried several different ports on the Plus system and it still does the same. In some ways it seems to me that is could be a problem with the processor if this thing has one.

It does have a processor - small circuit board inside (at the top). If it is "bad" - it is replaceable.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back