Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merlin plus accessing administrator programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulbol

Technical User
Nov 25, 2001
US
I have a Merlin Plus phone system that was already in our building when we took it over. We are trying to reprogram the phones and can not seem to access the adminsitrator mode. We do not have an extension ten, and when we try plugging a phone into port 10, it does not work. We've tried #01 and #49 and neither seems to work. In fact, none of our phones have an "adminstrator" button on them. Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much.
Paul paulbol@prodigy.net

I don't have a Merlin Plus system, but I do have a manual for it. (Go figure.)

According to the manual, from any type of phone you can enter administraton mode by switching the T/P switch on the side of the phone to "P" and dialing #01.

But it sounds like you already knew that.

When you plug a phone into jack 10, you said it doesn't work. What do you mean? Is the phone dead, or can you not enter administration mode?

Plug in a phone into jack 10 and hold the T/P switch in the "T" position. All of the red and green lights should flash alternately and you should hear a continous tone. If the lights don't flash right, or the tone wavers at all, the problem is with the phone. If the light s are dim, or don't turn on at all, then the problem is with the control unit.

Want the manual? I'll sell it to you for $20 plus like $10 or whatever FedEx charges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back