Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Msg. R4

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsbarker

Technical User
Dec 17, 2008
US
My customer has a program called NetworkView that is use to notify them if a node is down. The Avaya system’s IP xxx.xxx.1.156 seems to go offline and back online frequently. It does it several times a day at random times. Any Ideas on what would cause this. Customer is afraid that something is about to die. Switch is a cke5 with R4 and Merlin messaging R4

How often does it ping MerMessaging?
I suppose ping response is how NetworkView determines online vs offline?

Q: I have a few nodes that do not appear when discovering the network. I am sure they are up and running ! What is wrong ?
A: Maybe you have a slow network. Try to increase the timeout or/and specify more retries for ping in the Advanced dialog box. This can be also be true for monitoring. Another reason could be the machines are protected by a local firewall (Win2k SP2 !) or behind a firewall, and they refuse any protocol, including ICMP (ping).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back