Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin MLM007 problems with changing Auto Attendant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech2014

Technical User
May 6, 2014
US
Hello,

I have a Merlin Legend at a client with Merlin Mail and am having a problem changing around the auto attendant.

I can call 770 and get into mailbox 9997 and then go through to the auto attendant setup, but whenever I make a change to one of the selector code options (for example, #4) in the main menu and then test it, I always get the message "That selection is disabled." It doesn't matter if I have the selector code going to an announcement, submenu, or transferring to another mailbox, it always says the same thing (and if I go back into setup to check, whatever I set up is there and saved, so the system is keeping my changes). However, that same menu has #3 as an option that can be dialed (transferring to a mailbox) and that option works. If I make a change to #1, #2, #4, etc. I always get "that selection is disabled." Any help or thoughts on this problem would be appreciated.

Are you in Single or Multiple automated attendant mode? Perhaps you are making changes to AA1 but AA2 is the one answering?

As far as I know, I am only in Single AA mode. I changed #1 and #2 to do direct extension dialing, and upon testing those I was able to transfer to extensions, so it definitely appears that I am altering the correct auto attendant.

First thing I'd try is re-booting the Voice Mail itself. (There's a reset on it, so as not to interfere with the rest of the Phone System)

If that doesn't clear it up, I would do a MODEM or Serial Port SESSION and print out how it's translated.

The Restart may do the trick though.

Hey just wanted to update this. It is working now. Even though I thought I had proved which AA was the one answering, it turned out the Day AA was the one answering, not Night. It just happened to be working with the changes I had made. Once I realized that was what was happening, I changed the options in it and everything is working now. I did restart the voicemail before that, though, so it's possible there was a problem with it that was confusing me originally. I'm just glad it's working now. Thanks for the help, as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back