Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Messenging IP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 1, 2004
US
How do I go about changing the IP address for the Merlin Messaging 2.5 system?

The System Administration utility has a field for "WCS IP" I've changed that to what I want the IP to be, but the changes don't seem to be taking effect. Do I have to reboot the swtich in order to get this working? Or is the only way to change this through the console?

Thanks!

The IP address for the Magix 2.5 - I believe - has to be static vs. dynamic (i.e., it cannot change as it will on LANs using dynamic addressing). You set it by connecting through the RS232 port via a laptop using hyperterminal. Once you connect, hit enter, enter "sysadmin" or "tech1000" as the username and use the password that is set for the admin mailbox. From the menu, choose configuration, then IP Addresses. You need to reset both the IP address and default gateway from the defaults to your LAN and/or individual computer specs. You may also have to reset the subnet mask. Confirm your changes then log off. Remove your RS232 connection before trying to connect via LAN - you cannot connect both ways simultaneously. Then, you can connect via the LAN. You do not have to reboot for the changes to take effect

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back