Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Messaging with "dead air" Voicemails

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak23

Technical User
Jun 2, 2005
US
I have a customer with a Legend 7.0 in Key mode with Merlin Messaging. They use an integrated T1 product providing 11 analog lines and Data.
The problem they are having is multiple people having voicemails that are just dead air throughout the day. The messages sound like someone is being "butt dialed" but that's unlikely since they would have to "butt dial" though the auto-attendant and selector codes to get to someones mailbox.

Last night I checked and reliable disconnect was turned off, so I turned it on. Does that matter on a T1 type product as opposed to POTS lines?

Reliable Disconnect only applies to POTS lines, but it won't hurt to change it (provided that there aren't any POTS lines going into the switch that could be affected).

You ARE on the right track, though. I'm confident that this problem is due to the carrier's failure to provide disconnect supervision.

Tim Alberstein

integrated T1 product providing 11 analog lines
Are they using an "IAD" that breaks out the T1 into 11 POTS lines, and an ethernet port for your data? Sounds like they aren't programmed to provide reliable disconnect to you.

They do have an IAD and are breaking the lines out.

Reliable disconnect YES should fix the problem then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back