Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Messaging Versions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chim

MIS
Jun 2, 2003
US
Can anyone tell me (or tell me where to find) the feature differences in the Merlin Messaging Versions? Most of my systems have Merlin Messaging 1.1 and I was wondering if I should buy 2.5 or 3.0 to replace them.

Thanks,

Aaron

Not sure of all the differences betweeen 1 and 2. But I know that the big difference in R3 was that there is a digital announcer built in.

R4 will have voice announce on transfer, but that is all I know

I recall that with Merlin Messaging 2.5 and Magix 2.2 and up, the user would now see the number of new and saved messages on the LCD display. Also, the mail seems to pickup much quicker when you dial 770. Must less of a pause. I think beginning with R2 you could increase to a max of 12 ports up from a max of 6 ports on 1 and 1.1.

Beginning with R3, I believe the user activity menu is expanded with additional options beyond 8 for answer mode. I think pressing 9 listed of another menu of additional features.

As stated earlier, you do pickup the delay announcement feature for calling groups in the later releases as well. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back