Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Messaging General Mailbox Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shermanchicken

Technical User
Aug 23, 2004
US
Question, I had a Merlin Magix Messaging lose programming and am starting from scratch. I can't get the general mailbox to work. This is a new client that I acquired.

Setup is : Calls ring in and are answered by the auto attendant. When they dial 0 to calls ring extension 10 and then extension 11 as well after two rings. After the 6 rings the call goes to the voicemailbox of extension 10. I want the calls to go to the voicemailbox of 9991( the general mailbox instead. The client said before they had lost voicemail programming the person at extension 10 would check messages at voicemailbox 9991 and 10 daily. I can only get mailbox 10 to work. 9991 is established already in voicemail programming ( I checked).

Thank you

Normaly, 9991 is only the dial-0/timeout option in AA1's night menu. The only other way to get a message there is to use Phantom Destination - call goes to a mailbox that matches an extension or group number, plays the outgoing message for that mailbox, but the incoming message is recorded in 9991.

Perhaps it's a simple as when they activate Night Service, the 0-timeout puts the caller in the General Mailbox (9991 for AA-1), and during the day it goes to 10, with Coverage to 11, and then mailbox 10??

Thus, check mailbox 10 (messages received during the day) and mailbox 9991 (messages received during the night)??

They don’t use night service. When messages are left day or night they go to mailbox 10. They don’t go to mailbox 9991 which is where they want them to go.

Well then let them go to mailbox 10, but set 10's phantom destination to 9991. But why? You'll never get a call to mailbox 10 itself.

Maybe the calls are not going to 10, but to a group that 10 is a member of? Then it covers to the group mailbox, which has its phantom destination set to 9991?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back