Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail R2.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrothwell

IS-IT--Management
Nov 24, 2010
US
I recently had a Merlin Mail hard drive die. I purchased a used Merlin Mail R2.02 as a replacement. I thought I would have no problem returning the system to defaults as I have done it before with Merlin Mail R3 and Partner Mail. However, I connected the null modem cable to my PC and used HyperTerminal to connect to the system. For the password, I entered the serial number on the back (this is a 6 digit number preceded by MM) and got invalid password. I also tried dialing the voicemail system and entering 9997# and the serial number for the password and got "Login Incorrect". I then tried entering CLER (2537) as the password and got the same thing. I tried entering all of the default passwords and still no luck. There is a barcode on the side of the unit starting with ET followed by 6 digits; I tried all of the above with those numbers as well.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank You,

Jason Rothwell
-
Novell Network Administrator
GroupWise Email Administrator
-
JAG Fotoz Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor