Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail Delay Announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowpokes

Programmer
Dec 28, 2007
US
I am running a Merlin Legend R7.0 v9.0 with Merlin Mail (not sure on version).

Trying to setup a calling group to put customers in a queue and play a delayed announcement and "Say thank you for waiting your call is important to us...." and also give them an option to leave a message at any time.

I don't know how to record the delayed announcement or how to program it so for the calling group also about giving an option to leave a message.

For one - you cannot do that with a Merlin Mail. You would need a newer Merlin Messaging module which has DAS (Delayed announcement Service) built-in as an option. You would also need to upgrade the processor software to Magix R4, V7 or 7.1

I am not sure if the version of Legend software you have has the option for setting up Delay Announcements (under Extentions, more, group calling, delay announce). If it does - and you have spare 016 or 012 ports - then you can hook up tape players to several ports and program those ports for primary and secondary delay announcements.

If you don't have that option - you need to upgrade the processor software.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Finding a tape player these days may be difficult, so I would suggest a real announcer like the Interalia SMU, DMU or MMU2 types of digital voice announcers. If those are to rich for your blood, look at the ones Viking Electronics has.

Google should turn up some good results for you.

Also the software version you have on the Legend supports announcements on the Calling Groups. Check the documentation for complete details. Those are free for the download @ support.avaya.com

Hope this helps!

...JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back