Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Mail Auto Att Line Assign

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoneguys

Programmer
Apr 22, 2002
US
Programming an old Merlin Mail for Auto Attendant and need to know how to program the lines into it.

If you want them answered immediatly, simply go to Extension -> More -> Group Calling -> Lines and Trunks -> [enter the voice mail calling group number] -> Enter -> [dial the trunk numbers, or pool number of they are in pools] -> Enter (Continue entering the lines/pools and pressing Enter) -> Inspect to make sure they are all there.

If you want them to be answered on a delayed basis, it's a little more complicated. Create a calling group with no members, have it cover to the voice mail calling group on a time delayed basis (set the time with about 5 or 6 seconds per ring cycle), and create a mailbox with the same extension number as the calling group and a "class-of-service" to be the auto attendant. Assign the lines/pools to this calling group.

Be aware of the release, earlier below rel 5 I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) do not have some Group Calling functions and also to assign your lines to the overflow calling group and make sure you have the lines set to ring immediate on the console.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back