Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix Release 3.1 change port to 2nd Loudspeaker Paging Output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckak

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2007
US
Have Magix 3.1 system with two 412 LS-TDL boards.
2nd board has logic port 8 assigned to 808 which users can access with #9808 that activates the PA system.
logic port 7 is setup as a music on hold input line 807.
logic ports 6 through 1 have analog lines connected and possibly a line from the T1 controller. I need to change one of the analog lines to the 2nd loudspeaker paging for limited access to the emergency notification system that will over ride the PA system. 1st issue is I cannot figure out how to print the system configuration from WIN SPM version 9. 2nd issue where do I actually do the configuration change on the port?

Error in original post - this is a Magix 2.2 v7.2

with out knowing how your system is set up it hard to tell you what direction to take
it it set up key or hybrid
do you have any other available line ports,
so you wish to take one of your lines out of the system, which one ?

do you have a UPAM ( universal Paging Access Module )?

I believe it is hybrid, there is one PRI connected to the 100CSU-DSU and a second fractional T1/PRI that has 15 analogs and some of those I believe are connected to the 412 LS-TDL boards. I want to give up one line to add the additional paging output unless I can use one of the analog ports in the last two modules. The paging system is a Bogen multizone system controlled by touchtone inputs from the dialing extension - paging comes out on line 808 in module 2. I want the same type of access with the mass notification controller.

I am having difficulty figuring out how to print the configuration from Win SPM. How do I show the whole configuration. DIDs on the PRI etc. Show the error logs etc.

I was able to to do a module list printout which shows extensions and logical IDs assigned to the boards.
Slot 0 - CKE5 processor
Slot 1 - 412 LS-TDL
Slot 2 - 412 LS-TDL
Slot 3 - 100CSU-DSU
Slot 4 - 024 TDL
Slot 5 - 024 TDL
Slot 6 - 024 TDL
Slot 7 - Merlin MSG
Slot 8 - 016 TRR
Slot 9 - 016 TRR
Slot 10 - Not Occupied

Slot 1 412 LS-TDL board have numbers 801 through 804 assigned.
Slot 2 412 LS-TDL board have numbers 805 through 808 assigned.

what mass notification controller are you using, can you use a analog station off the 016 T&R module

Sounds like you are looking for your LINE and POOL Information, 'cause it looks like you have already found your System Setup Report. (The one listing the Modules, Paging, Music on hold and other items.

That being said, under print you will want to print "Trunk Info/General".

That should help identify which trunks are used in which pools.

I am using the Viking DNA510 Mass Notification Module which will tie into the Bogen multizone controller's emergency paging override input.
In Win SPM I cannot find the Trunk Info/General to be able to print it.
I want to figure out how the 92 assigned DIDs are actually in the system. I believe the system is mis configured as it was converted from AT&T to Cavalier for the T1/PRI provider and has pecularities since.

to figure out your DID's you may need to print ALL or

PRI Info
EXT Direct
Grp Calling
with the station count being 128 in your system

if you have 92 assigned out of possible 100, 6 trunks makes 98

do you have a single line analog phone ? test your trunks at the point they enter the switch, do you have dialtone ?
Did they port those numbers from AT&T to Cavalier for the T1/PRI , how about faxes they all count toward the DID count when put into the PRI

Yes the four ports on slot one and two of the four on slot two have analog lines connected that are broke out of the 2nd T1.
These are setup in a hunt group on the Cavalier side. I am able to dial out on each of them. The 7th port is Music On Hold and the Eighth port is the paging output to the Bogen system which is touch tone controlled for zone or page all. Ideally I would like to move those two to the analog extensions so I could increase the number of incoming lines to eight. But I assume they are on these trunk ports for a reason.

You say you have a override on your Bogen, that should also be a unit that will allow you to use a analog station to page, so it will allow to use line port 808 for line use, the MOH will have to stay put
to delete the page port
SPM
system
start
AuxEpuip
Ldspkr
Inspect should say 808 ( if it does not show any line that means your

bogen is using trunk access instead of a page port
exit
ldspkr
808 delete

Home

You will then need to program your Bogen for station access,and wire an analog station to it
to page you will call the station you have assigned, when it answer input your zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back