Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix R 1.0 trying to dial 911 with an assumed 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
I read some posts, and paid particular attention to TouchToneTommy's responses.
However, we were not able to complete the task.

Customer bought used system.
I installed it. Motel rooms are on the 16 port analog card. We setup all rooms to be restricted and can only dial 0 for front desk, and allow 911.
So we want motel guests to be able to direct dial 911 not 9 911
We went to the table and tried to add a "9", and that did not work.
Went back to the table and added " 11 "
Still did not work?

Any and all relevant help would be appreciated.
Thank you

alwayslearning

the recognized Merlin product experts are T3 and Merlin man. i believe Merlin man teaches/taught the product.
they will be your best resources for resolving this issue.

R1 default:
when a user dials 9 they are directed to the internal ars application. the application waits for at least three more digits so it can apply the correct route table. the application requires three digits to advance. tables are not selected based on two digits. i don't think that you are going to get past that and still allow the rooms to dial the operator or each other.

R2??? default:
i don't remember whether it was the r2 or r3 version that included enhanced 911 capability. the correct version included a special "11" route plus a couple other options related to e911 calling. i think you're faced with less than you would like or an upgrade.
i don't know if an upgrade card exists or whether you will need a processor replacement. either will be fairly simple. if you replace, you might as well go to r4.

let the experts guide you and the force ...

This particular question was also asked over at Sundance.

There, it was suggested that the processor be switched out with an R4, and, utilize ARS. [Smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back