Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix Number of Rings before Menu Starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

marctell

Technical User
Jun 6, 2003
US
Merlin Messaging 2.0.20
How do you have the automated attendant pick up right away.
Originally we had an operator picking up the incoming calls.
We now want to switch to a menu driven system.
I've gotten the system down to two rings before the automated day attendant picks it up and starts the menu.
Is there a way to reduce the rings further?
The night menu picks up immediately.
Thanks,
MT

Depends on your line delivery. For a PRI, point the did to a phantom extension (make sure the extension is included in voicemail coverage group). In messaging, make that extension Auto Attendant 1. Now, with no phone associated with it it will cover to voicemail and being assigned as AA1 it will play AA1.

If POTS lines, go to Calling Groups and if your calling group for voicemail is 770 (how you access voicemail) then go to group 770 and add the POTS lines to the group (801, 802, etc). Now, those lines will cover to 770 immediately.

For a PRI, you can just point the Main number's DNIS to the voicemail calling group - the AA-1 will answer automatically.
(Or change the voicemail calling group number to match the DNIS for the main number)

For POTS, also set the lines on the Operator's phone to Delayed Ring, because they will still ring once before the AA picks up. Delayed is suggested, so that something will still ring if the VM goes down, but in regular operation, you won't be disturbed by the partial ring.

If POTS with Caller ID, and you have LS Delay turned ON, the caller will hear 2 rings before the call goes to the AA, waiting for the CLID

TouchToneTommy
We have a PRI coming in to the system.
Very new to this as we have not had to do much with the system since we bought it.
How do I change where the main number points?
In Win SPM?
Is it something I can do in quick access or do I need Standard SPM?

Or can I just set Extension 150 (Operator) to not having a phone in messaging?
Will AA1 pick up right away then?

That won't work. You will need to either point it to vm group as TTT said or create a phantom like I was talking about. You can manipulate digits under the PRI settings in WinSPM. Lines/Trunks, PRI, dialplan routing (i believe).

Telecomboy
OK made it to Lines/Trunks, PRI, dialplan routing.
Under there I see "Service" "Patterns" "TotalDigits" "DeleteDigit" and "AddDigit"
Under all of them it asks to Enter entry number 0-15 ????

I have access to the original programing papers and it looks like on the Lines/Trunks page it shows our incoming number on Line/trunk 801

If you want to use the dial plan routing, first you need to know what DNIS digits are coming in for the main number. Let's say that is 1234. Then what do you dial to reach voicemail? Let's say that is 770.

In Dial Plan Routing, assuming there are currently no entries (which you can verify by printing the PRI Info report), Entry=0, Servive=Any, Pattern=1234, TotalDigits=4, DeleteDigit=4, AddDigit=770

That is to say, I'm going to be receiving 4 digits, they are going to be 1234, when I get them delete 4 digits (all of them), and replace them with 770.

Use Standard SPM, go to Sys Program, Start, More, Print, PRI Info. This will generate a text file that will show you any current dial plan routing

Code:
A   Dial Plan Routing Table

A   Entry Number:      0           1           2           3          
A   NtwkServ:          ANY                                               
A   Expected Digits:   4           0           0           0          
A   Pattern to Match:  1234                                               
A   Digits to Delete:  4           0           0           0          
A   Digits to Add:     770

Can you repost the printout with "code" and "/code" in square brackets at the top and bottom of the printout? That will align the columns so that we can actually tell which entry has the digits being received and deleted/added

Try This
Code:
Dial Plan Routing Table

Entry Number:      0           1           2           3          
   NtwkServ:         Any service                                     
   Expected Digits:   0           0           0           0          
   Pattern to Match:             959                                 
   Digits to Delete:  0           1           0           0          
   Digits to Add:                2                                   

Entry Number:      4           5           6           7          
   NtwkServ:                                                         
   Pattern to Match:                                                 
   Digits to Delete:  0           0           0           0          
   Digits to Add:                                                    

Entry Number:      8           9          10          11          
   NtwkServ:                                                         
   Pattern to Match:                                                 
   Digits to Add:                                                    

Entry Number:     12          13          14          15          
   NtwkServ:                                                         
   Pattern to Match:                                                 
   Digits to Add:

Thanks, you have 1 route set up in there, but I don't think it is active, as the expected digits is set o 0. You should be able to just put in the example I gave you above, using the number of digits you are receiving and the actual digits being received, to redirect to the number you dial to reach voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back