Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix Night Service question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dellphone

Technical User
Oct 29, 2017
US
Hi Guys,

I have a question on Night Service on a Merlin Magix.

Here is my scenario.. I would like to hook up my 1a2 phone system to my Magix by using 3 or 4 single line exts from the ETR card so each of the 1a2 phone will have its own ext from the Magix system. I would like to group the 1a2 phone exts on the magix in a group like 771 so when I press the night service button they will ring when a incoming line rings. I dont want them to ring all the time just when I want them to. So other words how can I program the night service option to have the single line exts ring when for incoming lines when I want them to if night service can be programmed to do this.

I was thinking to have like group 771 to have the 3 or 4 exts for the 1a2 phones.

So if I have the night service turned off the incoming lines will not ring in group 771.

Thanks

Just put the S/L extensions in a Night Service Group, assign the outside lines to the NS Group, press the button, and you're done.

Thanks touchToneTommy,

I am bit confused on the serv group assign under ext as its asking to enter the NS attendant number.

Also do I need to add the exts to a group like group 771.

Thanks

The NIGHT SERVICE GROUP Number, is the EXTENSION NUMBER of the Console that controls NIGHT SERVICE.

Once you enter the extension number, all will become clear. (More options will show up)

If you still have trouble, let us know.

Thanks that did the trick.

I was wondering does night service effect internal calls or only out side calls. Like when someone dials the operator ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back