Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix: Need to set up operator ring group, where each phone still rings while on call

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalphNY

MIS
Mar 13, 2013
US
When the caller is in the Auto Attendant menu, and dials 0, they currently get transferred to two extensions- 627 and 227. Extension 227 only rings when 627 is busy, and if 627 is already on a call, it doesn't ring, even quietly.

I would like for both extensions to ring at once, for calls placed to the operator, and if possible, for both to have at least two line appearance buttons, and to ring quietly, if a 2nd call comes in while they are already in call.

I searched this forum and google, and I've seen solutions that only work for PRIs and others about coverage groups and call ring groups, which I could set up on other systems, but don't know how to implement on the Magix.

I have very limited experience with Merlin Magix systems— I have WinSPM, and have done minor MACD etc on it, but that's it. Though I have worked much more with other systems such as IP Office and Telrad systems.

I want this to work for calls coming in on either PRI or POTS. Please tell me the easiest way to implement this. Thanks so much for your help.

To clarify: If extension 627 is in a call, it is what doesn't ring, if a 2nd call comes in from someone pressing 0 on the auto-attendant menu, the other operator extension- 227, does ring if 627 is on a call.

I would like them both to ring for every call to 0 from the AA, and for them still both to ring, quietly, if one or both are already on a call- if this is possible with this system.

Are they True system assigned operator positions, if so, I'm not sure about the call routing.
Turn off abbreviated ring on both, (will cause phone to continue to ring even when on another call)

if not system assigned operators (possibly even if so)
You can't put more than 1 cover button (covering 627) per extension so:
The best would be if your system is Magix 4.0
Then you can add them to a calling group(77X) with hunt type set to "group Ring", Group Type set to "Auto Login" then set the AA's 0 option to forward to that group.
or if not, you could use Shared system access buttons (for every Sys Access ring/voice on 627, create a matching Shared Sys Access on 227.

When Linux is Free and Open, who needs Windows or Gates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back