Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix Messaging dial by name not working for some users being covered

Status
Not open for further replies.

ayavauser

Technical User
Sep 22, 2005
US
Merlin Messaging issue with names directory not working - all calls route back to AA for certain users and I think it has to do with them having primary / secondary coverage ?

I have checked the spelling of the " name " in the users mailboxes and appears correct -

dial through ones extension ( direct extension transfer - works ) so extension mailbox coverage is not an issue -

if I don't enter the full name it returns with multiple selections so I know the name reference is seen - press 1 , 2 and or in same cases 3 for the individual users returns with the AA message -

system has been installed forever and day and they changed hands ( all new users ) ** kind og inherited this site **

the only thing I have noticed is users who are not covered are fine ( thinking cover rings is the issue ? - tried to play with the settings / increased the number and same thing - the ones who are covered by other users appear to be an issue -

also not sure how this is possible if I call the back door to Merlin Messaging instead of the factory greeting I get the AA

there is a mailbox for the Main line as AA 1

there is no mailbox for the Hunt Group pilot number ( checked just in case )

ayavauser

played with primary / secondary / cover delay timers ( shortened )and seems to be working

tested good with all users who are covered by others - others who are not overed were not an issue

odd how direct extesion from AA was not an issue just dial by name

ayavauser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back