Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

merlin magix INA docs

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOguy

Vendor
Oct 18, 2007
US
does anyone know how to get documentation for the t1 INA board on a merlin magix 3.0? have a customer with one that the board is shot, I have the pm vision software but do not have the login info , can someone help?

Are they listed/posted on Avaya's website?

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Some of the documentation is broken or has PDFs that can't be properly interpreted. I've spoken to Avaya about this time and time again without resolution...but I ain't bitter (of course I am).

I'm only happy to tell you what I know about the INA board and how to program it. It easily interfaces Frame-Relay, IP (PPP and SLIP, among others) and is quite reliable. It effectively is a processor-on-a-board and is treated as a separate entity. You may want to do a Google search on PMVision release 1.7 for basic documentation (in lieu of what I can send you).

I also recommend steering far away from cable company interfaces as my experience has shown that these know-it-alls are smug and horribly unforgiving...particularly ComCast and ESPECIALLY TWTelecom.

Tim Alberstein

In going through my hard drive, I found a pdf of

Integrated Network
Access (INA) Module
Installation and
Configuration Guide

7820-1000-001

If you haven't already run across it on the Avaya site, I can send it to you or post it for download.

Is it the one that's 759k in size, Tom? If so, do a quick check for missing pages (like 5-4 for example) and/or if you get any errors reported from Adobe Reader when performing a search.

If your version is clean, I'd appreciate you shooting a copy my way. I've looked for four years now and have not been able to find the document in it's entirety.

Tim Alberstein

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back