Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix and Merlin Messaging- Calls stop routing to their extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2012
US
Hi all,
I am asking the experts now, as I am hitting a roadblock with this issue. Customer system is a Merlin Magix Release 3 V.7 processor (CKE5) and Merlin Messaging Release 3.0.The system has 2 blades/card cages with the Messaging Module in the expansion cage. The issue is that after a few days, the Night Answer AA stops routing the calls to the extensions selected and instead rings the Main operator console as well as the coverage extensions. Only a system restart clears this. I haven't seen an error in the logs. I've tested all the TTR ports, checked programming, and even replaced the Merlin Messaging Module. Problem is still happenning. One item that was new today was that I had a buffer overrun in WinSPM during a line reassignent of an extension. The error caused the line buttons to be cleared on the extension being modified.
Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

Greatness is the echo of a life well lived and a job well done.

It has a 2 port card / license and both ports/extensions assigned to it are rotary enabled.

Thought I'd finally get around to updating this:
A week ago I did some more testing of the Night Answer. I found that if you went in and dialed by name, it would transfer fine. If you put the extension number in (3 digit) it would ring to the operator console. I checked the settings in the VM and the digits were set to 2, and not 3 for extensions. Changed it and all is well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back