Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix and Merlin Legend DSS Console 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
I have a Merlin Legend Rel 7. Is the Merlin Magix DSS interchangeable with the Legend's DSS? Thanks for any advice.

Merlin Legend does not support TDL modules, so no, you can't use a 4450 DSS on it

That's the tradeoff between the Legend and Magix. The Legend supports Classic Merlin telephone sets while the Magix supports 4400 series sets. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Thanks for the replies! The Magix DSS is a better user design in that the designation labels are bigger and easier to type on/update than the tiny Legend's DSS. You saved me the cost of experimenting by buying a Magix DSS to try!

I like the software that desi.com provides to print on desi labels.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Going back to what Dexman said, why couldn't they allow Magix to run the Analog phones? That would have been a LEGEND-ary setup :)

I have one of each I use for play and wish I could just pick one, but I had to have a couple of the analog phones for the ring tone alone (and nostalgia reasons, even though I'm too young to have used these in prod). That said...a local Uno's to me DOES use a Legend yet! Walked in and heard the ring tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back