Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idrish

Technical User
Jul 12, 2006
US
I have a Magix 2.2 with 2 x 412 TDL, 1 x 800 and Messaging 2,2

I have 15 Lines and 23 Extension, I am trying to set up for the operator Ext 100 3 sa Ring Keys ans 1 SA Voice, a Pool 70 Button + a DSS Module.
After 4 Rings the calls should go to AA.
All calls must go to Operator and transferd to Extensions, If they do not answer go to their mailbox.
All 15 lines are in Pool 70 but I cannot place that button on the set. All lines appear instead
Please Help or Call me 510-264-0200 Pacific time 8 to 4pm
Thank you in advance

Operator positions cannot have pool buttons, only the individual line appearances.

I would suggest stting up the MAIN ATTENDANT like this:

VOICE MAIL DVM INSPECT NIGHT SERVICE
SA VOICE LINE 5 LINE 10 LINE 15
SA VOICE LINE 4 LINE 9 LINE 14
SA RING LINE 3 LINE 8 LINE 13
SA RING LINE 2 LINE 7 LINE 12
SA RING LINE 1 LINE 6 LINE 11

(DVM = Direct Voice Mail)

As TTT said, an ATTENDANT gets LINES, not a pool button.

But, with little effort, this can be to your advantage.

All calls will ring at the Attendant, that person can transfer to extensions and then, if not answered, the caller will land in the extensions voice mail box.

-OR- if the attendant knows the extension owner is not in, they can use the DVM button to send the caller DIRECTLY to VOICE Mail.

Ok I programmit like what you said, Now incoming calls ring at the consol and after 4 rings says transfering to Operator, The call do not go to AA

You need to setup the voicemail system for calls to go to the AA. How do you have it set up currently? Normally, you have a Calling Group 770 - with all voicemail ports as members, set as linear hunt and integrated vm type. You then set up a cover group (usually 30) with all of the extentions to be covered by voicemail in there. Then you set up coverage for 30 by 770. Next you set up an overflow group (I use 791) with no members, overflow to 770 with number-based at 99, time-based at 16 seconds - which gives you the 4 rings at the operator. You alos need to attach your pool 70 to this overflow group 791. Lastly, you need to set up a mailbox for group 791 in voicemail as an autoattendant 1 type. Now your calls will go to the AA - instead of the operator.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back