Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Magix 1.0 problems with main console (operator phone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sglascoe64

Technical User
Mar 20, 2016
US
Okay, we had to reset our phone system because we changed voice providers. Now on the main console (operator), when she puts 2 calls on hold, she can't receive another outside call. She use to have up to 4 calls on hold but now only 2 calls at one time can be put on hold. If she gets another call in and tries to answer it, one of the other calls on hold is dropped.

Any ideas?

Add more call appearances to the phone. By default is gives you two inbound and an Saa-oo (outbound only) so when you reset it you set it back to 2 inbound calls at a time.

How would I do that? Through SPM or directly on the 4424LD+ phone? I'm lost when it comes to this. I was handed the project.

Thanks!

Did the System Access buttons on her phone actually go away when you changed voice providers?

You can do it through WinSPM or from the phone itself, IF it is the programming phone for the system.

Go to Centralized Telephone Programming, Program Extension, dial the Operator's extension number and Enter, then start with Button 1. Press it to see what it currently is, and dial a feature code to make it what you want.

Default is SA-Ring, SA-Voice, SA-OO, but you may want to set it up like to diagram below

*16 for System Access Ring
*18 for System Access Originate Only
Hit a SA-Ring button and dial *19 to change it to SA-Voice, or hit a SA-Voice button and dial **19 to change it to SA-Ring

4424_fxebq9.jpg

Thanks TouchToneTommy!

The label that we have on that phone are:

button 1 labeled SA-VOICE (it is programmed correctly as labeled)
button 2 labeled SA-VOICE (it is programmed correctly as labeled)
button 3 labeled SA-VOICE (it is programmed as LINE 801-I and it won't let me change that to SA-VOICE)
button 4 labeled SA-RING (it is programmed correctly as labeled)
button 5 labeled SA-RINT (it is programmed as LINE 802-i and it won't let me change that to SA-RING)

Thanks

You can't overwrite lines. Do you actually have working dial tones when you press on Line 801 and 802? If not, go to Extensions, Lines and Trunks, dial your Operator's extension number, Enter, Entry Mode, 801, Delete, 802, Delete, and that will get rid of them, allowing you to go back and program the buttons.

Now if you DO have dial tone, and need to move them around on the console phone, that's a much bigger problem, but let's not tackle it just now.

TouchToneTommy, We have 805 - 827 line/trunks on SLOT 02, module type 100R DS1, jack type PRI. Then we have 801 - 804 line/trunks on SLOT 01, module type 412 TDL, jack type LS. 803 line is for music on hold and 804 is for the paging system for the shop. Not sure what 801 & 802 are being used for but they are not direct dial in numbers. So, what I done just to be on the safe side is programmed two buttons on the main phone that were not programmed and made them what the two buttons were that have the line 801 & 802 programmed on. Then I just relabeled the phone. Now she can put 4 calls on hold and still receive calls in even though that don't happen very often.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back