Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

zgnf05

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2011
US
We have a Merlin Legend and 1/2 my phones have no power/no dial tone/ everything goes straight to voicemail today I tried to dial into PBX but my modem line is also having issues. Can you just power off the legend and reboot system or what is the best practice?

I would make sure you have a backup first, just as a safety. But yes, you can power the system down. Trace the power cord to the Legend and you will see an on/off switch right above it. If it is a single cabinet Legend, Just power it down, wait a few seconds, and then power it back up. if it is a multiple carrier cabinet, power each cabinet down right to left. Wait a few seconds and then power them back up right to left letting each cabinet power on prior to powering the next one on.

If you have more than one cabinet, I would guess that you had a power interruption and it failed to restart "cleanly".

Let us know if your power down and back up fixes it, and I can explain more about the cause.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

Well after doing more exploration we did finally find a 50 pair cable cut by the stump grinder so not going to power down the pbx just yet Thanks for the replies guess now to find the other end of the cable and repair it.

Offer one suggestion...
Label and disconnect the extensions on that 50 pair so they are not shorted out during repair. If the ports have not already been damaged, this may prevent trouble arrising during repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back