Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend SMDR settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

do6nuts

IS-IT--Management
Oct 22, 2003
US
My company has a Merlin Legend that needs some changes to it. I have installed Tapit on a PC to get some statistics on our phone useage, and was wanting to know what the SMDR settings for the Merlin are. I can't seem to get anything out of the SMDR port with my tapit software using the settings:
Data bit - 7
Baud - 1200
parity - even
stop bit - 1

I have tried changing my settings in Tapit, but with no luck. Do I have to turn the SMDR reporting on in the Merlin? We have no console to program with, i do however have the WinSPM, but don't know the passowrd to connect via modem with it.

Can anybody help us out?

Thx in advance

Also, what type of cable/conecter do i need for the smdr inerface. I currently have a Straight Thru DB9 to RJ45 on my PC com port, with a straight thru 8c RJ45 cable from that to the SMDR port. Is This correct?

You need a 355AF adapter (between the PC and smdr port). You need a DB9 from the computer to the 355AF adapter (you will need a db9 to 25-pin adapter), then straight-thru lan cable from the 355AF adapter to the smdr port. The lack of the 355af adapter is preventing your connection. You would need the same hook-up to connect WinSPM to the admin port. Of course, if you have an 012 or 016 module, you can connect to the processor via a modem.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back