Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Programming Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimnysweep

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2002
US
I've got a Merlin Legend v4.x setup in a small law office as a PBX/Hybrid. Currently have station 10 set as Receptionist to answer all calls first. Set up a calling group for Ext 10 & 11 so that calls ring on 11 when 10 doesn't answer or is busy.

Problem that is occuring, not limited to Ext 11, if another ext picks up a call ringing on Ext 10, if another call comes in, how can they place first call on hold to pick up second call? Is it possible?

Next, I thought all lines would be private by default, but apparently that's not the case so I added a Privacy button to every extension. They are telling me that Ext 11 was able to listen in on a call that Ext 10 was on even though both had their Privacy lites on (haven't been to site to verify this). Any suggestions on this?

Thanks,
Westley Annis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back