Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Mail NOT Lighting Msg Lights

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoiceAmerica

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
I recently upgraded a Merlin II to a Merlin Legend V7 R9 so I could add a new Merlin Legend Mail (4-Port). The MLM works fine, except it will NOT light any lights.

I have all 4-ports in Rotary Enabled.(52-55)
I changed the ARS FLR from 0 to 3 all 4-ports (52-55)
I have all 4-ports unrestricted. (52-55)

All Mailboxes are Class-3

There is a mix of telephones from MLX, BIS and the older membrane telephones (ATL ?). I can light lights using the #53 code from the DLC console.

Also, because I had to add a 4GS/LS MLX card to support the new DLC MLX console, in system space numbering I have the two MLX telephone on the first card then shifted all other extensions up. Just mentioning this in case it has something to do with the problem even though I don;t think so because I can call into the AA and transfer to the correct extension, so it appears to correlate right.

Are all of the MLM ports in an "integrated voice mail" calling group? Is the group hunt type set to "linear"? Does the last port of the MLM answer when dialed directly internally? It is the last VM port that turns the lights on and off. Assuming that the port works - it should be able to turn the lights on and off.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your timely reply.

All MLM ports are in "integrated voice mail" calling group. The group hunt type is set to "linear". The last port of the MLM (55) answers when dialed directly internally. But just doesn't light lights.

If there isn't any other program parameters to looks at, could it be hardware. If it is a hardware problem, can I just swap out the 2-port expansion module which will replace the last two ports and more importantly the last port which is responsible for lighting lights??

Thanks,

Larry

You could do that. However, I would first hook up to the 007 MLM via the RS232 port and run the port test - there would be one for each card. The second card is the middle insert module - see if it passes. If it does, then it is probably not a hardware problem. To do so, use hyperterminal from a PC, press enter and use your 6-digit serial# as the password. When you see the menu, choose "shut-down", confirm and enter password. Wait for the system to shut down and main menu to reappear, then choose "voice port test" - and look at the results. When the main menu reappears, choose "start-up", wait for it to restart and disconnect (log off). Before restarting, you may want to run the "hard disk" test as well - just to make sure your hard drive/software have no problems.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Or you caould go into moni tor and traace the ext ports to see if the mail is outpulsing the "light" message code. Also, have you tested your TTR's??? There is a FAQ i belaive on that...

The Legend config. is
slot-1 408 LS/GS-MLX
slot 2-5? base cabinet all 408 ATL (merlin membrane telephones)

Expansion Cabinet
Slot-1 408 ATL
MLM007 (4-Port)

Does the MLM007 need a certain amount of TTR to light lights?

Also will the MLM007 mailbox maximum lenght have any bearing on why it is NOT lighting msg lights?

Thanks,
Larry

You should have plenty of TTR's and the mailbox size should make no difference. I would run the port test and see what it tells you.

Tom Daugirdas,
President
STCG, Inc.
stcg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back