Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Line Assignment Preferences? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

MerlinRob

IS-IT--Management
Feb 20, 2021
US
Hi -

I've set up a Merlin Legend R7 v.11 in my home. I have a mixture of Analog, MLX, ETR, and T/R sets.

Probably like most people these days, my primary use of the system is less for outbound calling and more for internal communication, though I have a few outside lines connected to it.

I would like to set it up so that the default line is the SA - RING button on each phone. I have not been able to find this in the manual. Using WinSPM I tried the auto line select setting, hoping that pressing the buttons in order might create this outcome, but no dice.

Not sure if this is even a feature supported by the legend, but I thought I might ask here before giving up.

Thanks for any insight you might have.

Put the system in PBX mode, take the lines out of Pool 70, and assign them as individual lines to the phones. The ALS for a phone in pbx mode is SA-Ring, SA-Voice, SA-OO

Grab the Legend Feature Reference HERE

ALS starts on page 69 (131 of the pdf)

Thanks, Tommy! Hugely helpful. Going to give this a shot this weekend. I would have never thought of that. Nice workaround!

speaking of HFAI and all call, I ran into a strange issue I wonder if anyone can enlighten me on. I recently acquired some classic membrane-type Merlin voice terminals. They work fine on a 408 classic KSU. When plugged into a 408 ATL Legend card, they appear to work normally. All buttons behave as expected. You can use the handset no problem. However, when they receive an all-call or a direct voice call, the speaker light comes on and no audio is heard through the speaker. At first I thought it might be a bad cable or something. But all five membrane phones I have do this, regardless of cable, plugged right into the legend 408. Very disappointing! BIS and HFAI- type sets behave normally, however. Anyone experience this before? Is there any fix? Ah the perils of resurrecting old tech for personal amusement...

This worked perfectly. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back