Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Internal Line Disconnect Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
I'm running Rel 7 in my home system, with several T&R only phones from the 016 Ring Gen card. What I notice is there is a delay to get a dial tone after a user disconnects from an internal call, even using the timed 'recall' button on some phones doesn't make a difference.

What happens is a user hangs up on an internal call. Then picks up the receiver to make another call, and there is silence, as if still connected to the last call. This only happens on internal intercom calls. The delay is noticeable because on a pots line, you get new dial tone faster.

I was wondering if there was a system setting for something like a quick disconnect, although I didn't find anything in the Legend manual. Only threads I found on this forum were related to loop/ground start lines.

Thanks for any ideas.

Jim

I haven't experienced this before. If it hasn't already been tried, does a reboot of the system make any difference? [ponder]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Hello, I tried a reboot of the system, no change. Also checked error logs- all empty. Since this system is used in a home, there are never more than two users on the system at once! It is a 2 cabinet system, with 125 T&R extensions that act as CO lines to my collection of working 1A2 equipment and single line phones. I have spare Rel 7 processor cards so my next trouble shooting step is to try another card. Thanks again for any suggestions.

I'm stumped. Merlinman and TTT might have some insight & ideas. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

The timed Recall button is going to "Flash" to the control unit, which will put the current call on hold for you to transfer or conference. On those sets without Recall buttons, you may just be hanging up and picking back up too fast, and it is being seen as a flash, not a disconnect.

In System Programming there is a parameter for Recall/Timed Flash, values are 350ms, 450,s, 650ms, and 1 second. I believe this only controls the flash that is sent to the CO line when you hit the Flash button on a multiline set, or when you flash on a S/L phone and then dial *775, NOT the Flash Hook Pulse Width minimum and maximum parameters that you would find on a per-extension basis in something like an IP Office.

I think you need to be cognizant of how long you leave the switch hook down before attempting another call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back