Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend HotLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
I've been trying to setup Hotline service on a Legend 7.0 but I'm unable to program the Personal Speed Dial (#01). With HotLine, I want to pickup the single line phone ext 626 and have it automatically ring another single line phone, ext 500. Here is what I checked/done:

- Inspected ext 626, not assigned as a HotLine; dialed ext 500 from that line and it rings
- Followed the directions to program x626 to set up a Personal Speed Dial by dialing: #01*21500##
When I enter the above, dial tone is not broken until I enter '2', then I get the error tone
- I tried to dial the speed dial number from the extension - nothing happens
- I then programmed x626 as a HotLine; then when off hook on x626, expecting x500 to ring, nothing happened.
- I checked restrictions for both and it's shows no restriction; no lines are assigned to either extension.
- I picked two other extensions on a different T&R board and repeated the above and got the same results.

Also, I read where you can set up Personal Speed Dial in Centralized Programming. I couldn't find it, when I tried to program, it kept asking me to select a button.

Any help on the step I'm missing is appreciated!

Thanks, Jim

Copied from the Manual:

Programming Codes
System Speed Dial
Personal Speed Dial
# + Personal Speed Dial code (01–24) + *21 + dial-out code
+ tel. no. + ##

HotLine Feature 0
The Release 5.0 HotLine feature is designed for retail sales, catalogue sales, and
other types of businesses and organizations, and is available in all three modes of
system operation. It allows a system manager to program a single-line telephone
extension connected to an 008 OPT, 012, or 016 module as a HotLine. When a
user lifts the handset at the HotLine extension, the telephone automatically dials
the inside extension or outside telephone number programmed as the first
Personal Speed Dial number (code #01) for the extension. The system does not
permit calls to be transferred, put on hold, or conferenced. (A user can press the
telephone’s Hold button, if it has one, to put a call on local hold, but the call cannot
be redirected in any way. Switchhook flashes are ignored.)

Personal Speed Dial codes can be programmed from the extension prior to
HotLine assignment (a system programming function). Alternatively, a Personal
Speed Dial code can be programmed from the single-line telephone after HotLine
operation is assigned. However, because of security considerations, this is a one-time opportunity. Once the Personal Speed Dial number is programmed, any
changes to it or any other extension programming must be performed using
centralized telephone programming

Here is the quick guide notes for hot dial I have.

Set door phone extension to Hotline

Menu-
-System Program-(Enter)
-Start or Exit
-Extension
- (Page Over, Page Over) Hotline
- (Enter Extension Number)

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Hi Budbyrd, I didn't find those menu options on the Legend (ver 7.0) system menu, maybe they were for the Magix?

Success! I did some more research and found a Legend user manual for a single line phone. It had different programming instructions for Speed Dial than the Legend Programming manual. Tried these and it worked!

FYI - this is the codes to use:

1. Lift the handset.
2. Dial #00.
3. Dial # and a 2-digit code from 01 to 24.
4. Dial ✱ 21.
Any previously programmed number for the code you dialed has
been cleared. You can simply hang up to remove this Personal
Speed Dial number. Otherwise, continue with the following steps to
program a new number.
5. Dial the telephone number, including dial-out code,
and any necessary numbers such as long-distance
carrier code, area code, and special characters.

I see the option on my V7 Legend for Hotline in the Extension menu, but not sure what it does as it only lets you turn it off or on for an extension.

Jeff

I missed the fact it was a Legend. My bad. [noevil]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Hi orion3311,

The way the HotLine works is you program a single line extension's (in my case, a line coming off the 016 board) Personal Speed Dial position with another extension or POTS number that you want dialed; it must be assigned code 01. Then, as you discovered, go into the Hotline Extension menu, enter that Extension number, and select Hotline. Now whenever the extension goes off hook it will automatically dial the Personal Speed Dial number programmed into position 01- no user action required. Elegant way to implement! If your familiar with 1A2 systems, you needed 1 or 2 KTUs and special wiring to do the same. In my case, I put a phone by the back yard gate in case anyone needed access, they lift the receiver, and it rings several MLX sets I have. I'm going to experiment to see if I can also have it dial the Paging access code as well. I used to have a wireless doorbell, but it was unreliable.

AHH ok - I guess that was my mistake, I was trying with a an analog/ATL phone. I have a 016 as well so I'll try that. I know at work the Mitel system we have you can set hotline on any type of phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back