Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin Legend Extension Bridging 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
I'm running a Merlin Legend Rel 7 in my home, using a combination of MLX sets and T&R only extensions. The T&R are setup to access the CO line directly when going off hook (no dial 9 or intcm).

What I notice is when the CO line is being used (use originated) on the MLX set, the T&R set goes off hook to bridge in, and cannot, no Dialtone, only talk battery. However, when the T&R set originates the call, the MLX set can join the call.

My question is can it be programmed to work the same, regardless of who originates use? In other words, if the MLX initiates use, the T&R set can go off-hook and bridge to the conversation, or if the T&R set starts the call, the MLX set can join the call. Both sets access the same CO line.

I did check for the Privacy feature, not set on either extension. Thanks for any guidance on this "old" but reliable system!

Thanks for checking into- it's running in Key mode.

My Testing reveals that what you are experiencing is the way it is.

I tried it with the EXENSION set to be a FAX Extension and to NOT BE a FAX Extension, No Difference.

I tried it with a POOL LINE and a NON-POOL Line, No Difference.

I tried it with an OPERATOR Extension and a NON-Operator Extension, No Difference.

I can't think of any programming you could change to make this work.

Perhaps your only option would be to use only Proprietary sets.

As of now, I'm sorry, but that's all I got.

Hi,

I appreciate your thorough testing, you thought of more workarounds and tests than I did; I'm saving those ideas in case I run into other unexplainables! Your help is always appreciated!

I haven't tried that feature yet, but if the T/R phone is on-hook, can you conference to it? I just tried on mine and was able to conference an analog phone (old Merlin) and 2 T/R sets.

Another idea - what if the MLX phone puts the call on hold?

Shower thought: I dont know if key mode uses trunk pools, but if so, add an additional LS trunk to the pool, then put a patch cord between that trunk jack and a T/R jack. Then if the MLX phone answers and you want to transfer it to another "unknown" phone, transfer it to that T/R extension and the pool will ring (Again).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back