Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin caller ID issues with E.164

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarGoSki

Programmer
Mar 11, 2005
US
Lately I have seen two Merlin sites with analog loop start lines where ID stopped after telco replaced equipment.
ID stopped being seen on phone displays exactly after Comcast replaced a cable modem which feeds a cisco IAD.
A digit grabber sees 1 plus ten digits. The digits grabber did not see a + so I suspect they must be running E.164 without plus.

I dont see any Merlin doc that describes more than ten incoming digits for ID so I suspect that eleven digits must have overrun the buffer and we see nothing at the phone display as a result.
We are working with the provider to try to get them to suppress the country code but no response back yet.

Because things were working properly before the equipment swap, Comcast will need to make the required changes to get Caller ID up & running again. Hopefully it will be fairly easy to do. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00"

Nah they punted. They say that the problem is with the pbx and they wont make any change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back