Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Merlin 34 Button Membrane with true 2-way Speakerphone Builtin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
Hello, I'm familiar with the 34 button Merlin membrane set, it has a button for a monitor speaker only, with an extra port to add a separate speakerphone adjunct. I just saw this ad for the 34 button membrane set that had a true 2-way speakerphone (not to be confused for the raised button BIS model). I was wondering of anyone came across this and if it's true? I've never read any reference in any of the Merlin literature. Here are the descriptions for both 34 button membrane sets for sale:

"Classic Merlin 34 Button SP Telephone
$93.44
34 buttons with indicators for line appearance, intercom, and programmable features, Four fixed-feature buttons including message, speakerphone, and hands-free answer. This Speakerphone is the predecessor to the BIS-34."

The descriptions are from aTelphonesystem.com:
They also sell the 34 button membrane set separately, that has only the monitor speaker:
"Classic Merlin 34 Button Phone
$109.19
Supports 8 lines and 2 intercoms, 24 buttons without LED indicators for inside or outside speed dial, Ten buttons with LED indicators for line appearances, intercom and programmable features Conference, drop, transfer, hold and recall, Monitor speaker only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back