Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Rlse 5.5 Replacing Faulty Sig Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobBuilder

Vendor
Aug 17, 2012
GB

Hi Guys,

Having some issues replacing a faulty Sig Server on a release 5.5 The faulty Sig Server was showing the red light like it was a Call Server and had no network activity on the TLan or ELan. I was hoping to get away with swapping the existing hard drive onto the replacement Sig Server and as much there is then network activity on both ports I can't ping either TLan or ELan.

I have 2 replacement Sig Server cards both taken from working systems. On both Sig Servers when I try and boot from the compact flash by pressing F to access the tools menu I don't seem to get very far and don't get the tools menu. As this is happening on 2 different Sig Server cards with 2 different compact flash (correct files on them) I assume I must be doing something wrong. This is what I get when I try and boot from the compact flash .....

Press F to force board to boot from faceplate drive.

Attempting to boot from faceplate drive.

CPU Frequency = 1400 MHz

V1.6a+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++u

It will just sit like this until I restart it. Any advice on how to access the tools menu?

Thanks

Bob

My guess is the compact flash is not formatted correctly and/or not bootable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back