Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Restarting on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakap

Technical User
Oct 13, 2003
IN
Hi,

I am facing a problem in meridian 11C mini.The system is getting warm restart again & again.It is not going to console Gives OS Restart.The message before restarting is "Login initialisation error,Unable to set priority for SL1."
Can any one tell how to rectify this problem.Is software got corrupted.

regds

pradeep kapkoti

Yes, seems like it is corrupt in any way. Seems like you have to reinstall the software.

I tend to aggree with sen. Have u done any updates lately?

Looked this up in Nortel, and all errors relating to setting priority for SL1 on restart point to corrupted data or missing files.

Call CTS to check the file system, but if you can, reload the software first.

right, calling nortel when they can't dial in to a switch very seldom works.. do a reload and restore from backup

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

but Nortel can set up web meeting and if you direct connect to the system, and have an internet connection, they can accsss the system.

seen this and done this.

John

true, just can't help much without the os. i would unplug all the cards except the ssc and boot it before i called the fire dept. just to make sure a bad card is not to blame, i've seen a bad network cont take an 81 down, pulled the cni's and both cpu's booted into service, power down added the cni's back on side 0, tro can back, side 1 came up, outed all the network cards and 0 came up, started adding back the network cards and the evil one killed the switch, back in rls 16 or so, nortel swore a card couldn't do that

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Hi all,

I had gone through your replies,and note down the error the console was showing,

"PDT-Unable to restart
Debug event handler path
cold initialisation error
warm start begin-reason 36
found unused block which is erased
network interface is up."
Again OS restart.
Also tell me how to reload the software (process for reloading)

Thanks

are you running an 11 mini? if so start a new post on reloading the mini.. someone who has seen more then 1 will open it. if you've got a larger switch, i'll be glad to help

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back