Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian: Reconfiguring VM on sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

anderson4

Technical User
Dec 24, 2018
CA
We have a Meridian 6x16 system.
After reprogramming some feature buttons on the M7310 set at reception, I have a problem affecting other users: the "Message for you MSG" screen appears, but pressing that button no longer activates voicemail; instead it makes a call to reception.

Detail:
On the M7310 used for reception, I reassigned one of the 12 feature buttons to a different function.
I then coded one of the other buttons as voicemail (I used Feature *3, press button, F981).

I haven't needed to configure lately; I only noticed the problem later.
Not sure how to proceed.

Sounds like Reception has been playing with Feature 1....also pay attention to what you see when you press the MSG key as it will say what or who called.

Possibilities that sent the message:
-Call Answer from the Carrier
-Internal voice mail system
-Another user

Feature 1 = "Send Message"
Basically a poor mans voice mail system where there is no mailbox, just the display.

Example of usage:
Reception wants to notify 222 to call them back when they return:
Feature * 1 then ADD, then 222 (or add more sets if needed)

222 now has "Message for You"
222 should press the MSG key to see what or who called, then the Call key which will call the person or item that sent the message.

For smaller sets without the 2 line display:
Feature 65 to see who or what sent the message
Feature # 65 to clear the display.

MC & HNY

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Fantastic!
Thank you for pointing me to that feature... I otherwise wouldn't have been able to diagnose what the problem even was.
Have a wonderful holiday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back