Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Phones 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

onequi

IS-IT--Management
Dec 17, 2002
US
Some phones have everything working for them, but you cannot hear the dial tone. Nor speaker or handset. Is like some kind of mute was on? I've tried changing the handset cord as well as the RJ11 cord and nothing...Any advice,

Hi,

Can you make and receive calls with the phone?? If not the port maybe disabled..

Marc

loss of talk path on various sets? The sets are completely normal in all other respects, but no talk path & no handsfree, but the set can be called and make calls out. The display is normal for date & time or message indication, Actually the message indication updates if voicemail is cleared.
Disabling the port doesn't work, and unplugging & resetting has no effect.

I would guess that you have a HW/SW problem purtaining to your TDS card/s. If this is an Option 11 then you have this problem with your SSC card. I would STAT your TDS's and check to see if they are idle or busy. It may just be a capacity issue (IE: phone set to tds ratio is not correct). If this is an Option 11 and they show disabled, you MAY (rarely) be able to enable your TDS's by using LD 34. If not the only other way to enable these in an Option 11 is to INI. If this becomes an ongoing problem then I would suggest replacing the SSC card. If this is a nt,st,hybrid,21,51,61,71,81 then I would suggest trying to find logic to the phones that have this issue (IE: on the same network group,same shelf). Once you get this or if you see no rhyme to it then start looking at you TDS's . If you find that it happens on Network Group 0 Shelf 1 Loop 20, then I would look at the TDS's in that Network Shelf, if any. If you donot have any TDS's in that Shelf then I would look at the other shelf within that Group. If no TDS's are in there the I would look into any TDS cards in anohter network group. You should find either a slow responding card (IE: card that takes longer to return ok code) or you will find a faulty card. In this case I would disable the Conf/TDS pack and test to see if it is this particular card (assuming you have more than 1 Conf/TDS pack in your system). Let me know what you find from here. There are numerous other steps to track it to either the card or network slot or to see if it is a capacity issue. Good Luck

Hi,

I have a Medidian Telephone system. I would like to know if the phone model 2616 from Medidian could use the PARK function or key. How do you setup the key and the command?

First you have to enable "Call Park" in LD 15 then you have to do some settings in the Call Park data block (LD50).

In LD 11 you can program your 2616 set with the Call Parking key (PRK).

If you need any aditional info send a message.

Greetz

The "Call Park" command is it use for to move a call to another phone or when you what to move the phone number to an other office?
ex: if an user is an office 25 and now is moving to office 50 will the function "Call Park" work. Could we Park the phone number at office 25 and unpark at office 50?

It's been taken care of! I do not know how to cancel this once my question has been answered. I rebooted the whole system to correct. Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back