Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian PBX Reset on electrical storms

Status
Not open for further replies.

hectorlaya

IS-IT--Management
Dec 15, 2004
VE
Hi guys,

We are having problem with a Meridian PBX. Every time that is an electrical "storm" (more likely lightning and rain, not really an storm) the PBX reset and we have to wait about 10-15 min. for the PBX to be operative. Sometimes our E1 equipment from our phone provider also hags up, and we have to manually reset in order to put it on operational state (Pairgain HDSL E1).

What should I do to avoid this situation? We have the PBX connected to an UPS and properly grounded.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hector L.

Test the UPS to see if it is working correctly. May need additional batteries. As far as the E1 hangup look to make sure all equipment for the PBX, CSU's, HUB, etc, are plugged into the UPS.

i have to doubt that statement. if that was true the switch would never know there was lighting unless it's outside. we have major lightning here is sc, on the edge of hurricane areas. we very seldom get major damange but 1000's of lightning hits. make sure your isolated ground is isolated and make sure you can disconnect power from the ups without the switch taking a hit

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for your response.

I will look after the UPS. As a matter of fact, we are waiting for our UPS provider for batteries replacement and UPS maintenance...

I will let you know how was come...

Regards

Thanks john poole

I will also check the PBX ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back