Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MERIDIAN OPT 81C CHANGING IFC ON PRIs

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALPHONELADY

Technical User
Jul 5, 2011
US
I'm chainging local carriers and need to change the IFC 5ESS TO NI2. If I DISABLE AND THEN remove the ADAN and TNs (LD 17, LD 14) associated to the loop and DCHs, will I be able to change the RDB or will i have to "out" it and then add it back (LD 16)? Trying to avoid a lot of reprogramming and its been awhile since I changed or installed a PRI. Also, are there any other loads I need to change? Any feedback would be welcome

You will need to out everything including the RDB and put it all back in.
1. Disable loop and d-channel
2. out trunks LD 14
3. out rdb LD 16
4. out d-channel LD 17

Build back in reverse order.

thanks for the fast response appreciate the confirmation of what to do.

Yeah this sucks. It's only because you are going to NI2. I have changed from other IFC options with no problems (of course disabling everything, yada yada..) but not when moving to and from NI2.

John Anaya
Signet6 Network Sciences
ACSS/ACIS - CS1000 Rls 7.5/Call Pilot 5
ACSS/ACIS - SME - IP Office 8.0
APSS/APDS - Avaya UC Services

Public Profile

YEAH, I DIDN'T THINK I HAD TO REMOVE EVERYTHIG THE LAST TIME. OH WELL THEY'LL JUST HAVE TO WAIT ON ME. CUT IS TODAY I ABOUT AN HOUR OR SO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back