Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian opt 81 c call routing to Cisco call manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meridianman5

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2005
US
I have an issue and I need to pinpoint the problem. When I call a number from pbx A: from a Nortel set to a Cisco IP set and dial the number as 555-xxxx it does not go through, fast busy. When I call same number from pbx B: 555-XXXX it does go through, pbx c: does the same fast busy. When the same numbers are dialed from IP to IP set, there are no issues. The routing programming for each pbx hasnt changed, it seems like a routing issue on the Cisco side, no? I appreciate any help on this, thanks!

couple of thoughts, what site is the cisco connected to? i would check the call flow end to end.. one thing to notice, when do you get the busy? after 555? i notice that your not dialing 9+ so i assume your dsc between switches. a simple change in the cdb could block that as well as the normal cdp changes.. i would not think the problem is in the cisco unless i could log in and check that.. little hard to block a digit string from two directions and not the third unless the 3 switches each have a pri to the ccm

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, thanks for the reply. There is a PRI point 2 point at each location. I am getting the fast busy AFTER ALL digits have been dialed. What should I look for in the CDB or RDB to facilitate it working or not working, is it possible that because say pbx B hasnt been programmed with Unity or CCM yet therefore the routing , IDC and DSC hasnt been built yet affecting the other locations?

point to point, 3 switches with 3 pri's to the ccm. if b has a direct pri to the ccm, no.. after all digits would imply that the dsc is in place.. if i route 555 to my ccm, as a dsc, would get the busy after 555 +4, the switch know where i am sending them.. if 555 is vacant dn, i get busy before the +4.. i would start ld 60 stat in each switch.. if the pri is up .. ld 96 enl msgi x and enl msgo x on the d in that switch (a broke one) that will tell you if the digits are being sent to the right pri...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Gothcya, well our NEC person is saying after doing a debug, she is not seeing ANY digits coming through on said pbx b switch, does that help? I turned on MSG on associtated DCH's. Thanks.

in pbx b, print the dsc 555.. ld 86 prt cdp dsc 555, that may be built as a tsc or lsc.. they all print in 86,, that will show you a rli.. in 86 prt rlb rli x.. that will show you two things.. the route and the frl. (facility restiction level)

ld 21
prt
rdb

compare that to the working route.. *switch a or c, that assumes ld 60 stat did not show a problem

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks John, found the issue in the IDC table. I have another issue. PBX A calls to PBX B 555-3400, 3400 is setup as a DID butafter checking for proper RLI, DMI and CDP it RNA's out instead of going over the route to Unity, where to look for the issue? I set up 3400 on a phone so it is working as a DID, any input?

CDP is 555 plus? are you sending all 7 digits or just the 3400? if the provider is sending 4 digits then you need to send 4 digits.. i use 4 digit to my ccm, send 51 as a cdp/dsc to send all 5100 dn's.. i don't have an idc on that route.. i would ld 96 enl msgi/msgo x on my d to see what i am actually sending

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

no CDP IS 3400 RLI 14 TO THE ROUTE 16 (T1 TO UNITY)
In regards to the digits sent, I am not even hitting the T to Unity, ring no answer?

As far as I know, it is impossible to get any Nortel box to connect to any Cisco box without one party on the call being a virgin, or of course being a time traveler.

[sup]Gene of[/sup]
TEKIMG.gif

hmm I guess it wont work then based on that synopsis?

I guess I need to know how to make this call from an outside number to this DID? I had put it on a set and made it ring but it wont route to the Unity box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back