Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MERIDIAN MAX HARDWARE AVAILABILITY

Status
Not open for further replies.

citypbx

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
US
MY CUSTOMER IS WORRIED (RIGHTFULY SO)THAT WHEN HIS RETIRED MERIDIAN MAX CRASHES. HARDWARE WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE.
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A RESOURCE FOR THE MERIDIAN MAX HARDWARE? PERHAPS A WRINGER WASHER REPAIRSHOP MAY HAVE ONE IN THEIR COBWEBBED STORAGE CELLAR

I would check with some of the big providers, Verizon, SBC etc. We still have 2 MAX units working, and have been told that Verizon can take care of us if something happens. ( i know I know it is so old but we are a privately owned company and they wont spend the money)

We also have 2 Symposium servers running so we aren't completely out of date, but the MAX does everything they want it to do for now.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

GOOGLE
HOW SOON WE FORGET KINDA LIKE A BIG JUNK DRAWER THAT HAS EVERYTHING IN IT
THANKS FOR THE COLD SPLASH IN THE FACE

There are many Secondary Vendors that are not Nortel Partners that repair and maintain older systems. Just because a Company stops supporting there own products doesn't mean you should though them in the trash. If all you need is dialtone and your system gives you that, why should you have to upgrade. I have been working on Nortel system's for over 27 years and 90 percent of the companys I worked for, never used more then 10 percent of the features available and only a hand full used ACD and none used Symposium, Call server or any of the other fancy Options. Only one placed had me printing the ACD reports and every Movnig I would place a half a box of paper reports on the Managers desk and he would put the in a cabinet untill it got full and then he would though them out.

This company still does MM and they repair the circuit boards also

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back