Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

wutroad

Technical User
Oct 25, 2006
US
Ok, being a newbie at this I have managed to set up voicemail boxes in MM and sorta have them working properly. Heres the deal: when the phone is busy or off the hook, the voicemail picks up right away, however, when the phone is idle (user away) the voicemail does not pick up. Can anyone help me get this to work properly. I have tried everything that I ahve been able to come up with in the search (ie. adding FDN to CLS). These are analog lines.

Thanks
Matt Williams
Maintenance
Mesilla Valley Hospital

you need to go to the programing ld 10 for the analog phones and add in the rest of the programing for these phones.
you need to add "FTR and the options that go wirh this

On a digial phone, respond to FDN with the same number as you have for HUNT. Then respond to CLS with each of these, the extras besides FNA are simply "good measure"

FNA MWA HTA FBD

On an analog 500 set, respond to CLS with FNA, then at FTR respond "FDN nnnn" - nnnn being the number that works for voice mail in the HUNT field of a phone TN

Each of these assume you REQ CHG to the phone TN but do not respond to ECHG.

~

JP, because my instructions were written the "long way" - that was the only reason...the poster is prompted that way.

ECHG is level II

~

Thanks guys, worked perfectly, I had the right directions, just in the wrong order.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back