Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Meridian Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean01

Technical User
Feb 15, 2005
GB
Hi All,

I am trying to connect a modem to a MMail system on an OPtion 61. I can get me PC to connect to the console port, using procomm plus, and setting s of 2400 8-1-none.

I have a US robotics modem (the kind with no dip switch settings) which is setup to 9600.

Does anybody have the settings for changing this to 2400?? or can anybody tell me how to change the console port on the mail to 9600 from 2400??

Thanks for your time

Sean.

in the tools menu from mail. to set a modem to 24 try setting your pc to that speed then 2400 in procomm, connect to the modem and send at n0, that's a mem test but it should tell that modem to handshake at the applied speed. here's a link to at modem commands.. after you do dial into mail, try crtl r to repaint..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You can change the MerMail port speed in either/or/both (weak memory) the tools menu or by booting off the install tape where the change port speed is probably found in the utilities menu.

You may what to get a hold of a Nortel MerMail NTP. The modem setup procedure is well covered. The most common modem on MerMail is a US Robotics Sportster 33.6 or 56k. USR changed the name on the replacement model for the Sportsters but they work the same.

Seems like the modem setup has been covered in this forum. Searching the threads may provide additional help.

your right, install tape or tools

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for the information fellas.... now working thanks to you and ntp's!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back